Today’s recipe is dedicated to the simple but great Blueberry Muffin. There are a few things I cannot say no to. One of them is in eating this muffin.It isn’t possible to associate any negative memory to it, and if you’re having a bad time or starting the day in a bad mood, the seducing smell of the muffin and the first taste of the blueberry on you’re tongue will for sure put a smile on your face. Remember that if you see a friend without a smile; give him one of yours.. or give him a homemade muffin, cookie.. something you made just for him. That will make their day for sure !
– Well, enough with the chatter, we want a recipe !!! .
- 1 cup of blueberries (4 oz / 125g)
- 2 cups of plain flour (8 oz / 250g)
- 1/2 cup of sugar (4 oz / 125g)
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest or orange peel
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, partley melted (2 oz / 60g)
- 1 cup of milk or half milk half buttermilk ( 250ml )
- Granulated nuts (optional)
– Preheat the oven to 370ºC (185ºC). Put the blueberris with a tablespoon of sifted flour in a bowl and set aside.
– Sift the flower and mix it with the sugar, organe peel, butter and milk. Then add the blueberrys. Mix it manually.
– Drop the dough into greased muffin pans filling each one about half – two thirds full. Bake untill golden and firm for about 25 minutes. Remove them from the oven and wait for them to cool a bit.
I preffer putting lemon zest with the blueberreis aside. It give it a special flavour to the blueberry. Or with the sugars first. Try different combinations!
And that’s it !
Remember that a blueberry muffin is very comforting, so making a brekfast of blueberry muffin, organe juice, milk, whatever your combination is, will make the person who you are making it too start the day with a lot of energy and best of all with a smile on his/her face! Or.. yours!